Monday, April 14, 2008

Monster Trucks.

Sometime in 2002 I accompanied my friends to a piano bar in Boston. It was right near Fenway Park, which I thought was pretty cool, but overall I was pretty skeptical about the evening. Little was I to know that the three or four hours I spent there would leave an indelible impression on me in the form of "Homegirl, Ya Wicked Awesome", an ode to the girls of South Boston (aka 'Southie', for those of you who haven't seen Good Will Hunting). It's the catchiest fucking song ever, but other than that night with Jake Ivory, I haven't heard it since. Until now. Apologies for the footage in this link, but the song comes through strong. Go look at facebook while it's playing. The campfire tales surrounding the origins of the song are nicely coalesced here.

No comments: