Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If I Were President.

As my thumbs will apparently tell you, I'm really freaking good at both coming up with plans and figuring out how to implement them, but not so great at putting them into action. Knowing this about myself at the beginning of this year I declared 2008 "The Year of the Follow Through". And I have been following through on a bunch of different things - learning some more French, beginning Tai Chi, eating less sugar. But I've been particularly slack when it comes to something I used to do a lot as a teenager: organizing events. My lack of follow through in this regard is closely linked to tendency to dream big - without even having organized a single bike race I was talking about pulling together an entire festival, for example. I don't really know how to deal with this (or even exactly what I'm trying to say), but I've started by putting on this. I know it has little to nothing to do with music, but that doesn't really matter all that much. You should come along anyways. It will be a totally good time.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I wont come on the ride, but I do think that your flier is very pretty. And kudos to you for organising stuff. Stuff is cool.

Also, if you ever want to throw a festival, I have a pretty good idea of where to start..

Anonymous said...

That hill on La Trobe Street is BRUTAL.

Good work for organising though!

If you organise a bike ride for fun (that's flat) I'll come. I don't race or do hills cos I'm lame...and slow :S