Monday, October 26, 2009

Knowledge Tends To Democratize.

Ok, so I've been a bit serious of late, what with all the ranting and complaining and layperson's political polemic. And what better way to counterbalance that than an internet campaign to elect someone to something totally undeserved?

Vote 1, Brendan Bailey, for the Scody 2009 People's Choice Cyclist of the Year.

Because Stuart O'Grady and Cadel Evans have already won enough awards. Because the cyclist of the year shouldn't be some pro who you never see battling into the wind on the way home from work. Because I'm an aging fixie punk with bad tattoos and questionable personal hygiene. Because I like going to fancy dinners. Because "People's Choice" should mean "One of the People". And if I'm nothing else, I'm definitely a person!

You don't have to be a cyclist to vote, just an Australian resident. Nominations close this Friday.

Here's the link:

http://cycling.drewbytes.com.au/Peoples_Choice_Nomination_2009.cfm

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done :)
-tj

Mick Peel said...

Done too:)

Anonymous said...

Done three, and posting to all of my cycling mates to join the cause.

;o)

Deryck