Sunday, October 11, 2009

Taken By Surprise.

Mostly I go out and do my weekly road miles by myself, with only my ipod for company. It's pretty good company, with long-forgotten records and occasional French lessons able to keep me entertained for hours. But sometimes cycling solo can be drudgery - you have to drag yourself out. So every now and then it's nice to head out with a bunch, especially if that bunch is pretty equal in terms of ability. Even if you don't talk much, it makes life a lot more pleasant to roll turns, chase people up hills, stop for coffee. It makes you remember why you love this, this stupid life that no one outside cycling gives a shit about. It makes you come home with a smile on your face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

true words
we should go for a spin sometime.