Monday, July 9, 2012

It's Easy To Live.


Stage 9 - Arc-et-Senans to Besancon (ITT)

As if I stayed up to watch this. Everyone knows that Time Trials are code for 'Get an early night'. Instead I rode my bike around with FJ, visited Blakey and Katie, went and hung out with an old friend late into the night. And then, when FJ posted this, I laughed my ass off. It was a pretty normal night. I didn't read any poetry, didn't mope over any Salinger. Eventually I went to bed, and some time after that I went to sleep. Not the full eight hours, but edging ever closer.

This morning I'd been on the computer for a while before I remembered that something pretty important had gone down last night. Only then did I wander over to Cycling News to check out the damage. And it seems that there was quite a bit of damage done, mostly in Wiggins' post-stage press conferences, but also in the Time Trial. Cadel's Tour is now essentially a battle for second, but I can't see him going quietly into that good night. The next two weeks, as he rages against the dying of the light, is going to be damn good watching.

No comments: