Friday, May 1, 2009

Step Into The Realm.

Nath told me, when he outlined this new training plan, that I should have one day per week that I don't ride the bike at all. I chose Friday. Little did I know, at that point, how much it would suck. I mean, I don't mind public transport, but utilizing it means that everything just takes that little bit longer. Instead of leaving for work at eight, I have to leave at seven thirty. Instead of taking fifteen minutes to get to Smith St, it takes forty five. And don't even get me started on walking. Seeing this program laid out in front of me I wondered how I would manage doing so many hill repeats, or so many miles, and could almost feel the pain to come. I never would have imagined that these days off the bike would be the worst of all.

No comments: