Monday, April 16, 2012

We Had It Once, We Ain't Got It Any More.


As some of you may have deduced, through the unbefore-seen number of twitter posts that read "no blog post today, life got in the way", there's some stuff going on in my life at the moment. It ain't great. And the worst bit, the worst bit of all, is not being able to disappear on my bike for hours in order to clear my head. Scooter once told me that riding a bike is cheaper than therapy, and it's taken until now for me to understand what he was on about. I'd take climbing hills over lying down on a couch and talking about my feelings any day of the week. But right now, compounding everything else, are those doctors orders: only very short rides, no consecutive days. It ain't great.

So go out on your bike on my behalf. Take all those shitty feelings, those good feelings, those uncertain feelings and ride until you can't any more. Climb those hills and know that you've beaten them, that you have one over geography, that there are still simple challenges in life that you can face and defeat with sheer strength and determination.

I'll be back doing the same soon enough, but right now, it's just me, facing it on my own.

No comments: