Sunday, January 6, 2008

Is My Name Writ There Upon It?

Further to my inarguably well-researched theory that there is no one in the world who does not like the Bon Jovi classic "Living on a Prayer", I offer the following scene: On new year's eve I sit in a very cramped stairwell and listen to a piano-voice duo sing Tiny Dancer. They follow with Wuthering Heights, but it isn't til they launch into those first cheesy Jovi chords that everyone joins in. Once again, I'm surrounded by a chorus, screaming their lungs out. You never want to expect too much from NYE, given the inevitable let-downs, but occasionally it produces some gems of goodwill and grace. This year it outdid itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've been kicked out of too many karaoke bars for my drunken self pushing people off the stage and singing that damn song over whatever back up music was playing at the time.