Thursday, June 28, 2012

Federal Bureaus And Fraternal Orders.


Friday Roundup blah blah blah, cycling blah blah blah, Tour de France blah blah blah, who gives a flying fuck? Ryan Gosling is in town! I have the next two weeks off, and I intend to use that time to camp out in Docklands, waiting for him to stroll by. Then I'll casually bump into him and we'll fall in love. After that this blog will be all about our beautiful life together.

Alright, second only in importance to Ryan Gosling being in town is the surprising news that it is my birthday next Thursday. I'm not having a party, however, because on the same night my friends Kit and Big Al are having their going-away party. That wouldn't be such a big deal, if they weren't going away on their bicycles. Still not such a big deal? They're going to ride all the way around the world. It's going to take them two years. That, my friends, is a bona fide fucking adventure. Check out their site here. I especially like the bit outlining their agreements to ensure they get along.

My family also seem a little too distracted at the moment, given that the Saturday after my 33rd birthday marks the 1st birthday of my only nephew, Blake. I'll be heading up there to continue what I see as my major role in his life, which is to convince him that he is named after Blake Schwarzenbach. Whose best song I only just this morning decided is From A Tower. Controversial!

Friend of The New Timer and a dude who remembers me making out with Bernadette Neulist in year 8 Dave Hogan has also started writing a blog. The dude writes exceptionally well, which is the main reason I'm linking to it here, despite it's subject matter. If homebrew is your #1 jam, you should check it out.

Not much else going on this week, folks. Well, other than FJ and I, in different houses, on different sides of the city, totally independently unaware of each other, shaving our heads in unison. Now we look like the dork twins from dork town. However, like I mentioned earlier, starting today I have two weeks off, and FJ doesn't mind turning up to work sleep deprived, so if you're up late watching The Tour, you should drop us a line.

1 comment:

Spiro said...

i feel so special knowing my "share" of a ryan gosling picture made the blog.

if you are actually in Port Mel area then get some coffee at Salford Lads Club and give me 15min notice...