Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When I Got The Music, I Got A Place To Go.


After a two day lay-off thanks to the good people at iiNet, FJ and I have decided to continue our vacation for one more day. But we didn't think we could leave you guys without anything to read. So, in the recent tradition of Music Wednesdays, we asked someone else to do it. KO seemed like an obvious choice - sure, she seems quiet and reserved, but on the topic of music her opinions are passionate and steadfast. Actually, both of those adjectives apply to the person too.



"I’m in the process of making a mixtape for a friend. Its about six months overdue, and whilst he probably won’t believe me, I haven’t actually forgotten about it. I add to it all the time, rearrange the order, take songs off etc. It is fast becoming the definitive list of my favourite twenty or so tracks, which makes it all the more important to get right.

But true to form, I suspect I am over-thinking it.

So perhaps it’s simpler than all that and it just boils down to these three tracks.

When I’m happy I listen to this:



When I’m sad I listen to this:



And when it’s Friday night, I listen the fuck outa this:"


No comments: