Friday, August 3, 2012

You And I Against The World.








Hey, before I start this Friday Roundup, I'd like to send a huge shoutout to Miriam Welte and Kristina Vogel, who totally won a gold medal in the Team Sprint in London the other day. Surely the raddest folks I met at the Trackworlds earlier this year, I can't think of anyone who deserved it more. Young, fun, slightly unexpected, stoked on racing and bringing this joy every time they step on to the track. You'll likely see these two rocking their gold medals in some London nightclub later this week, and that rules. So, once more, here's a picture I took of them on some hot April night a lifetime ago.



Tara Jayne came over for a bit last night and was equally stoked and bemused to hear that her annual Cup Day ride (previously known as 'Ride Bikes Not Ponies') has gone viral, and will now likely be the next Melburn-Roobaix. I'm totally gonna make T-Shirts. Anyways, if you aren't down with horse racing - and you probably shouldn't be - you should catch the train out to Lilydale at some ungodly hour with a bunch of other muppets and enjoy one of the nicest days of riding possible. Check it out here.

Tony Sly of No Use For A Name died the other day, and that fairly fucking sucks. But my mate James has organized a wake for him in a way that may well give lie to an Irish heritage - that is, everyone is gonna go to the pub, get drunk and sing songs. Fuck, I've been edge since forever, and that's kinda the way I wanna be remembered. Especially if someone sings "A Prayer To God". It's happening later tonight at the Gaso, so you might have to get a wriggle on. Facebook event here.

For some reason I've put my hand up to race the fucking Sunday Roast this weekend. I got Hurley's #1 life advice ringing in my ears: put a 94" on and back yourself. That's probably not going to work out so well for me, but hey, vomiting is more fun when you're doing it with a friend. So come on down! More details available here.

And, finally, I'M GOING TO SEE SHELLAC

And that's about all I got right now. Have a good weekend, dingleberries!

No comments: